COVID SECURITY FOR GUESTS AND COMMUNITY
I have been closed for the summer months in order to assess how best to manage the comings and goings of a B&B while keeping guests and us safe. I am now working within government guidelines alongside advice and resources from the hospitality sector to make sure we do what is needed while keeping your experience homely and welcoming.
Newchester B&B is in a rural area, with our own extensive garden and orchard, and plenty of space for quiet walks all around. Local pubs and restaurants are being highly conscientious about managing distancing, and local infection rates are currently very low.
Before You Arrive
- The house is now split to ensure minimal shared space. All common areas and the rooms are cleaned thoroughly with virucide and soap as appropriate. Rooms are left for minimum of 24 hours between guests to ensure thorough cleaning
- One room only will be available in the house, and the other, in the garden, is self contained. Guests may come to the house to the sitting room, which is a guest only space.
- Keys are sanitised and left in your rooms
- We will observe social distancing at all times in the garden and within the house. While you are here, any staff will wear masks in shared areas and when entering your room
- Pocket sanitisers will be in your room for your own use, and sanitisers are in the entrance hallways, as well as masks for you if you are going out and need a spare
- Soap is in all bathrooms for hand washing
While You Are Here
- Breakfast will now be brought to your room at a time you request. Menus are in the room so you can choose what you’d like the night before. If you’d like to make any last minute changes, just text me (within reason!)
- There are fridges in the rooms for fresh milk etc and I leave cake or biscuits in your rooms (we are 5 star rated for food hygiene and all care is taken with food preparation)
- I can take card payments virtually, or ensure that your card is sanitised before return if you prefer to pay directly on departure.
- Please respect distancing with other guests if, as is unlikely, you are passing.
- There will be no housekeeping during the day except by special request, in order to avoid sharing space and reduce contamination possibilities. If you need anything done, please just ask.
- All guests will be asked to leave contact (phone) details for track and trace purposes only
If before you leave to come you or any travelling companions have any Covid-19 symptoms, such as a dry cough, shortness of breath, fever or loss of taste or smell, please cancel your trip if you can’t get a test in time, or reschedule. If you become ill while here you will be asked to see a doctor urgently and organise a test. If positive you will be asked to return home. If this is impossible, regrettably you will have to be charged for any extension to your stay: I get no financial support for any cancellations caused by a resident invalid.